Tick Twister Remover Hook Tool
Use these tick remover tools for safe and easy removal of ticks from all animals or humans – select appropriate hook for size of tick to be removed from the two hooks provided in the pack. As sold in hundreds of veterinary surgeries nationwide.
Hook on to tick and twist to remove ticks easily.
Supplied in a resealable bag. Essential item for pet owners.
How do I remove a tick?
Your main aims are to remove the tick promptly, to remove all parts of the tick’s body and to prevent it releasing additional saliva or regurgitating its stomach contents into your bite wound.
- DO start by cleansing the tweezers/tool with antiseptic. After tick removal, cleanse the bite site and the tool with antiseptic.
- DO wash hands thoroughly afterwards.
- DO save the tick in a container in case a doctor asks for evidence that you have been bitten (label it with date and location).
- DO NOT squeeze the body of the tick, as this may cause the head and body to separate, leaving the head embedded in your skin.
- DO NOT use your fingernails to remove a tick. Infection can enter via any breaks in your skin, e.g. close to the fingernail.
- DO NOT crush the tick’s body, as this may cause it to regurgitate its infected stomach contents into the bite wound.
- DO NOT try to burn the tick off, apply petroleum jelly, nail polish or any other chemical. Any of these methods can
cause discomfort to the tick, resulting in regurgitation, or saliva release.
Disposing of the tick
Be aware that engorged ticks will contain potentially infected blood, which may splatter when crushed. Do not crush the tick with your fingers and do not allow the crushed tick or the blood it carried to contact your skin.
Colour – Yellow
1x set of Removers (2 Sizes)
50 in stock